What to Do If Your Electronic Device Has Water Damage
If you have ever dropped your phone in the toilet or spilled a glass of water on your computer or Ipad, you know the struggle of when your electronic device has water damage. Water damage is not only annoying to deal with, but it can also be extremely dangerous and damaging to your belongings. It’s important to know the correct way to deal with a water damaged electronic device. Here are some tips on what to do if your electronic device has water damage to hopefully fix your device and to stay safe while doing it.
- Disconnect your electronic device from power. Turn the device off if it isn’t already and if it is plugged into a power source, find the breaker that goes to that outlet. Shut off the power rather than unplugging it from the outlet directly. Once the power is shut off, then you can remove it from the outlet.
- Check your electronic device for battery damage. A battery that has experienced water or electrical damage can be dangerous. Look for smoke, heat, bubbling, or melting before touching the device.
- If it is safe to do so remove the battery, memory and SIM cards from the device.
- Take off any covers or casings to allow the device maximum exposure to dry.
- If you know how, take apart the electronic device to allow it to dry out.
- If you don’t know how to take the device apart, put it on its side to allow the water to drain out.
- After 24 hours of trying to dry out your electronic device, place all pieces back together as long as there is no visible damage. Assess how well your device is working. If it is still experiencing issues, you can repeat the drying process or seek a professional at this point.
Finding Water Damage Restoration Professionals in Albany, NY
Hopefully these tips helped address your electronic device with water damage, but what about the rest of your home? Hiring water damage restoration professionals is the key to addressing water damage and getting your home put back together quickly and efficiently. The team assesses the water damage and creates a restoration plan that covers you and your home from point A to point Z.
Professional Fire Restoration should be the first call you make after experiencing any kind of water damage in your home. We have over 35+ years of experience of turning crisis into calm. We’re here to help you along your path to starting new. Contact us today so we can help clean the water damage in your home and repair it to what it was or make it even better.