Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips
Did you know that there are three times the amount of home fires on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year? Thanksgiving Day typically brings more people to your home, which means that there is more going on. You’re also usually doing a lot more cooking to prepare for the big feast. It’s easy to get distracted or have a mishap in the kitchen with all the commotion going on. It’s important to follow these Thanksgiving fire safety tips to keep your home, friends, and family safe.
- Before preparing Thanksgiving dinner, make sure your stove and oven are clean and free of any grease buildup.
- Never leave the kitchen unattended while there is food cooking.
- Keep all young children and pets away from the kitchen. The stove will be hot and could cause burns and other injuries.
- Make sure your smoke alarm is working prior to guests coming over.
- Always have a fire extinguisher nearby when cooking.
- Call 9-1-1 immediately if an emergency does happen.
- Set a time when cooking the turkey and check on it frequently.
- Have an emergency escape plan in place in case a fire does occur.
- Never use a turkey fryer indoors, in the garage, or under a covered awning.
- Be careful not to overfill your turkey fryer with oil.
- When dealing with a turkey fryer, be cautious of sides, lids, and handles, as they may be extremely hot and could cause injuries.
- Never use water to extinguish a grease fire.
Finding Fire Damage Restoration Professionals in Albany, NY
Hiring fire damage restoration professionals is the key to addressing fire damage and getting your home put back together quickly and efficiently. The team assesses the fire damage and creates a restoration plan that covers you and your home from point A to point Z.
Professional Fire Restoration should be the first call you make after experiencing any kind of fire damage in your home. We have over 35+ years of experience of turning crisis into calm. We’re here to help you along your path to starting new. Contact us today so we can help address the fire damage in your home and repair it to what it was or make it even better.